Berean Bible Study Group- Welcome
David H. from Tennessee is moderator
Every Thursday at 7PM (CST) 8pm (EST) 5pm (MT) you are welcome to join our Bible discussions using just the Scriptures. We welcome your thoughts and research.
The alternate phone number is: (302) 202-1117 enter code 979945. The time is 7pm (CST) 8pm (EST) 5pm (MST) for both networks. (Only if BBB network is down)
Acts 17:10-11 KJV
(10) And the brethren immediately sent away Paul and Silas by night unto Berea: who coming thither went into the synagogue of the Jews.
(11) These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.
While we certainly claim NO increased nobility, we practice receiving:
“the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.”
We WELCOME all who are seriously wanting to study scriptural matters without relying on a single person, group or an organization of human filters.
We believe in and practice :
In scriptural essentials – UNITY
In interpretation – LIBERTY
In ALL things – CHARITY
Summaries and updates will be posted below after each study. Thank you
"What is Second Death?" Revelation 2:11; 20:6; 20:10 20:14; 21:8
(2) What the churches may have represented; and,
(3) the relevance of Rev 1:1-3 has to this subject.
(1) It's relevance to 1Tim 4:15-17; and,
(2) Second death.
(1) Review last week's information and discuss any additional scriptural references;
(2) Begin our study of:
(a) Rev 20:14
(b) Rev 21:8
(c) Rev 20:10
Oct 25, 2018 – TOPIC: Second Death
After reviewing and discussing anything from our previous meeting's study, we will commence with our scriptural study of Revelation 20:6, as well as whatever other scriptural topics related to our main topic, arise along the way.
Oct 18, 2018 – TOPIC: Second Death
We reviewed last week’s discussion of first (Adamic) death and scripturally reasoned why, what it means to us, what it means to Jehovah, how Jehovah’s Plan is fulfilled, and how Jesus and His Ransom Sacrifice fit into the Plan.
We continued by discussing in depth Revelation 2:11, what the Scriptures prove about the expression “He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.”, with emphasis on the scriptural meanings of “overcometh”, “hurt” and “second death”.
We were blessed by Brother Peter Karavas from Chicago Bible Students joining us and providing valuable insights to our study, as well as giving us his views concerning important and weighty questions from our group.