We often go to God with our requests, but have you considered going to God to thank him for your blessings? A journal of blessings is a great way to accentuate the blessings that you see in your life. Sure it is easy to ask for blessings, but it is just as easy to be thankful for blessings. Try it, get a journal or a notebook and start recording one blessing a day. Each new day brings a new blessing — no repeats allowed. Here are some good scripture quotes about blessings.
2 Corinthians 12:10 For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
Continually praise Him and give Him thanks.
1. Psalm 68:19 Blessed be the Lord, who daily bears us up; God is our salvation. Selah
2. Psalm 103:2 Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits.
3. Ephesians 5:20 Giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
4. Psalm 105:1 Oh give thanks to the LORD; call upon his name; make known his deeds among the peoples!
5. Psalm 116:12 What shall I render to the LORD for all his benefits to me?
6. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
7. Psalm 107:43 Whoever is wise, let him attend to these things; let them consider the steadfast love of the LORD.
8. Psalm 118:1 Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; for his steadfast love endures forever!
What does the Bible say?
9. 1 Corinthians 10:31 So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.
10. James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.
11. Romans 11:33 Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments and how inscrutable his ways!
12. Psalm 103:10 he does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquities.
13. Lamentations 3:22 Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.
Are there blessings you would like to share and let all of us rejoice, thank and praise God along with you?
Are there scriptures that cause you happiness and feelings of blessedness?
We would love to hear your thoughts.
Have anybody ever did the 3:16 in the Bible?
Like John 3:16 or 2Tim 3:16 etc. They are interesting.
Thus proving yet again that the Bible is a Unique Message from GOD.
It is the only Holy Writings with prophecy. The Koran copies from the Bible.
If God made us He can get a message to us and have things coded within to let us know it isn’t from anyone but one outside of time.
I was thinking how God forgives us if we ask him, He says he will. But we still have to suffer the consequences of our actions. The book of Joshua is an excellent book about loss of Faith causing many to lose their lives.Although God kept forgiving Israel.
This book also helps us understand the bowls poured out in Revelation.
These two books go together. He got their attention as He will get man’s attention so they know it is Him not natural happenings or Global warming.
Israel is a nation now so the coming of the Lord is imminent.
There is so much pain in our world yet so much joy and happiness also.
What year would I have wanted him to act? Any year before now would mean some precious human wasn’t born to taste life. It’s like wishing someone dead if we try to rush God to put an end to things.
He is our Creator and He is never wrong even if we think so. He has a day set, until that time I am going to count my blessings every day because they are many. If we woke up this morning we were blessed. If we died last night, it is a rest for a while until he raised those dead in Christ first then after the thousand years the rest of the dead. All mankind that have ever lived
No matter if we live or die we need to count our blessing. Revelation 20:-22:
Eve probably had hundreds of children, it appears Cain and Abel were twins. She might have had other multiple births. There will be a lot of blessed stories to listen too from Eve and the first women who lived for hundreds of years. I call those expectations, blessings.
I was just thinking about something on receiving blessings whether intended or a by-product of another person being blessed. These thoughts are to give glory to God, Jehovah as a Very thoughtful and GOOD GOD, always blessing the one doing His will.
It is just what I feel, not mentioned in scripture, but Jesus got a blessing when He came down to save us. What was it, perhaps? See the scripture below for some support of what I am thinking.
Jesus got to know the love of a mother, a female. What an added loving part given to him by his father. Mary and Jesus were very close as it showed in the interaction between the two. She nursed her creator also, this blows my mind!
Since Proverbs indicate he was born from God, he is a god (gods birth gods) also and not saying he needed to have the love of a female mother but what a total human experience to enjoy, the love and tender care of a mother. Just thinking out loud.
Proverbs 8: 21-31
22 “The Lord brought me forth as the first of his works,[c][d]
before his deeds of old;
23 I was formed long ages ago,
at the very beginning, when the world came to be.
24 When there were no watery depths, I was given birth,
when there were no springs overflowing with water;
25 before the mountains were settled in place,
before the hills, I was given birth,
26 before he made the world or its fields
or any of the dust of the earth.
27 I was there when he set the heavens in place,
when he marked out the horizon on the face of the deep,
28 when he established the clouds above
and fixed securely the fountains of the deep,
29 when he gave the sea its boundary
so the waters would not overstep his command,
and when he marked out the foundations of the earth.
30 Then I was constantly[e] at his side.
I was filled with delight day after day,
rejoicing always in his presence,
31 rejoicing in his whole world
and delighting in mankind.
Last night on the testimony meeting with Henry he started something new. It was sharing our blessings.
So I said I would include a page where we can share what God has done for us.
This allows us to move forward.
I will go first: By realizing I should wait patiently on Jehovah I have been blessed.
I asked to be able to at least see my grandchildren face again. He is a powerful God and showed me not only see their face but for days at a time on multiple occasions, I have spent endless time with my grandchildren.
I am counting that blessing!
Tomorrow I will add to my comment and my notepad another and each day thereafter.